Tuesday, August 4, 2009

GETTING READY

HABANI, (HA-BO-NEE)
which means hello in Swahili.
Soon I will be going to a country
called Tanzania on the eastern coast of Africa.

My special job will be to teach students to speak English
and to bring books to their schools. (Many schools do not have a desk for every
student or even pencils and paper.)
Some of my students will be in elementary
schools others will be in a college.

All people of Tanzania speak Swahili. Not many students can speak English.

The city I will go to is called DODOMA. Many children in this city are very poor. They do not
have enough food to eat or a good place to sleep.

While I am there you will be helping me ship books to a special elementary school outside of
Dodoma called Msalato. Each box you send will help Msalato's students learn English and enjoy
hearing and reading a new story.


HOW CAN YOU HELP?

Your hands can help by bringing your

pennies, nickles, dimes and quarters

to SUNDAY SCHOOL each Sunday.

Your money will help the children of Msalato

by sending boxes full of books.

This will be a wonderful gift to the children.



I'll write again soon...



TUTAONANA ( TOO-TA-OH-NA-NA)
which is Good-by

Miss Charlotte
















No comments:

Post a Comment